Tuesday, December 23, 2008

getting ready for christmas

Why is it nothing goes as anticipated? I have had an idea what I wanted this Christmas to be all year and it is NOT gonna be what I thought! I thought we would go to my mother's like I have done for 17+ yrs. Well, I will be going but nobody will be there! That's lousy. We have always had a house full, not any longer. Just Mom and Dad. The Christmas spirit is totally missing down there. Since my brother died, it has never been the same. Then after my parents, we are off to my in-laws. My husband tells me last night his Dad said to come and see his mother because they think she won't be around very much longer. What! That is not what I want to hear before Christmas! And like always I know what I am getting before Christmas. My husband sucks in the surprise department. Sometimes I even have to pick out my own gifts and he just has my son wrap it up. What the heck is that all about! Anyway. That is what we are doing to get ready for Christmas. I hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment