Friday, May 1, 2009

The Newfoundland drama.....

For those of you who don't know, I have a registered Newfoundland dog. I purchased her in February of '09. On Easter Sunday, I had a free moment so I sent the seller an email as to why I have not yet received my registration papers. The next day I get a reply. "You aren't getting the papers because I am holding them to protect my interest" she said. Then she called me "mentally and emotionally unstable". WHAT! I paid ***.00$ for that dog and I demand I get my papers! Needless to say, I was not happy! I contacted AKC and they referred me to the Attorney General's office for Pet buyers. They were very helpful. I didn't know they will act as a free mediator in disputes such as this. Cool!
I received an update the other day.They have reviewed my case and have notified the seller as to the complaint. She has so many days to respond then the Attorney general tries to find a solution. If that don't work, here comes small claims court! I have a right to my registration papers! I told her "don't make me pursue this!" I don't think she really knew who she was dealing with. I will update more on this later I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment