Friday, May 1, 2009

Breakin' the bus

As I drove this morning on another day of school bus driving bliss, I was going over Rt. 90 when all of a sudden...CLANG DIDDY CLANG DIDDY CLANG!!!!!
What the heck was that? I stopped right away and checked the bus. Hmmmmm.....can't see anything. Maybe I can't see cause it is raining cats and dogs! Now I am soaked. Yum.... I got back in the bus and called the garage right away. Should I drive it? I asked. "Yeah, just if you hear anything let us know and we will bring you a spare." (......don't know if I agree with that but, I will do as I am told). I was at the end of the route. After dropping off the kids, I went to fuel. I decided to reexamine the bus undercarriage. I see two broken tailpipe clamps. OK....no big deal right? I called the guys,they said "ok." Well, after careful examination in my absence, I have broken a front leaf spring! Not drivin' that bus for a while! They actually found it later lying in the road! In the midst of fixing that, they discover my shocks are bad,.......and my alternator.......and my spring shackles! Is there anything else you want to add to the list? Well, it took about four or five days before I got my precious #9 back. Meanwhile I get to drive lovely #11. I remember driving #11 oh about 10 yrs. AGO!!!!!!! What a beater!
It drove like a tank. You had to push so hard on the accelerator that my knee started to swell! I had to make about 400 pushes a day or so on that stupid gas pedal and my knee let me know it didn't like it! Thank God for Advil! I was so happy when I got #9 back that I thought I was in a Mercedes! I guess you really don't appreciate what you got until it's taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment